Thursday, August 4, 2011

In the Beginning

As I am writing all of this I realize that some things may be my understanding of what happened and might not be totally accurate. Keep in mind that I am hopped up on all kinds of drugs:)

The weird thing about IVF is that you start it by taking birth control for a minimum of 2 weeks. I started my birth control pills on June 24th. My understanding of the reason you take birth control pills is so they can manipulate your cycle. I took them for longer than two weeks so that all of the appointments that I have to go to wouldn't conflict with my vacation schedule.

On July 17th I started injections of 10 units of Lupron and continued taking the birth control pill. From what I understand Lupron reduces estrogen levels and basically shuts down the ovaries. It makes it so you don't ovulate. After being on Lupron for 7 days I stopped taking birth control and continued the Lupron. Sometimes cysts are formed on the ovaries because of this drug so I had an ultra sound on July 27th to check and there were no cysts found....Yea:)

On August 1st I decreased the Lupron to 5 units and began Follicle Stimulating Hormones. For the first 3 days I did 200 of Follistim and 1 of Repronex.

Today is Day 4 of FSH and I am decreasing Follistim to 125 and continuing 1 of Repronex and 5 units of Lupron. So far I feel a bit bloated. When I started the FSH I had to stop alcohol, caffeine and exercise. If I am standing for long periods of time my stomach starts to hurt a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment